March 6, 2009

Pay it Forward

I have been honored to receive several awards in the past few weeks, and I’d like to acknowledge them and pass on the fun and glory.
Thanks, Mountain Mama, for presenting me with the Butterfly Award. At the time I was nominated, I hadn’t visited many blogs and didn’t know to whom I should pass this honor, but time on the photo memes has introduced me to so many great blogs that now my difficulty is in choosing just a few!
I’d like to give the Butterfly Award to these favorites:
*Country Corner for wonderful photos taken with great imagination
*Darling Darleen was the first blog I visited regularly. I enjoy the style, creativity, and the photos of my grandkids!
*Joyful Reflections because Betsy’s warmth and friendliness comes through so strongly in her posts and comments. She also gives us beautiful bird, flower, and waterfall photos.
*Mountain Rules for sharing the Colorado mountains so vividly. I loved that recent porcupine post!
*Occasionally J for sharing her adventures in Asia. I’m learning a lot about the culture, and loving every minute. Thank you, J, for presenting me with the Lemonade Award. This is for blogs that demonstrate great attitude and/or gratitude. To me, the name evokes tart, sassy and fun!
Therefore, I pass the Lemonade to these blogs:
*Many rivers to Cross because I love your photos, quotes, and friendship.
*The Tess and Tim Archives for your great sassy style.
*Coyote Road for being provocative, thoughtful, and making me think.
*Geogypsy for showing us all the wonderful places where she’s lived and worked. When we’re finished exploring Utah, I’m getting my “to visit” list from this blog.
*Information is Everything for a wonderful sense of humor. Check out his “My Spirit in Bedse” post. Very cool.
Rules for these awards:
Rules? I’m not so good at rules, and I suspect some of you aren’t either. However, here are a few suggestions:
1. Place the logo on your blog or post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. If you feel like it, nominate a few of your favorite blogs for this award
4. Add links to those blogs
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
6. Give a reason why you consider their blogs cool, fun, or irresistible I was also a top contender for David Mcmahon’s Post of the Day award with my recent post, Girl Gone Wild. Thank you, David. You’re such a master blogger and great photographer, I’m honored to be recognized in one of your posts.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Janie, You are so sweet.. Thank you so very very much...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all the winners. I read many of those blogs, and all are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Janie. I’ve so enjoyed following along on your journeys. I believe we should swap ideas on places to visit. May we meet on the trail someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Janie! It looks like we are just one big mutual admiration society. In this day and age it's refreshing to read positive and beautiful blogs. Your blog has really evolved. I guess we are learning as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a nice surprise! Thank you very much for the Butterfly Award, Janie! It's a real honor to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xiexie, as is said in China!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin