Yogi at Yogi's Den
awarded me the Happiness Blog Award, (Thank you, Yogi! Your blog makes me happy, too!) and before I get distracted (which happens a lot) I'm going to be a good, conscientious blogger lady and pass it on.
First, I'll play by the rules and name 10 things I love:
1. Steve, my husband of 35 years. He's a wonderful companion, father, grandfather, and partner in crime - I mean, adventure - on the trail and in life.
2. Our 3 children, all of whom are constantly surprising us with how smart and good-looking they are.
3. Our 4 grandchildren. Smart, good-looking, highly gifted (no bias here, I swear) and lots of fun.
4. Extended family: son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, moms, dads. We're blessed.
5. Friends and neighbors. In the last year, bloggers have become friends, too, and I welcome and very much enjoy that addition to my life.
6. Our critters: Daisy, Mischief, Boss, and animals in general.
7. Horsebackriding, anywhere, anytime.
8. Cross country skiing or hiking, depending on the season.
9. The great outdoors: mountains, deserts, forests, etc. I love it all.
10. Reading, writing, and photography.
Okay, I don't think anyone was shocked or even mildly surprised by the above list.
Now, to pass along the award...
I love visiting all the blogs on my blog roll, but I'll specifically name ten, in no particular order:
Cynthia, a fellow Utahn, is a naturally funny lady. I love her humor and her honesty.
The White House
There's always something interesting happening at Gayle's house, what with all the kids and pets and Alaska weather.
The Road Goes Ever On
Kaye is a fellow Utahn, takes great photos, and loves writing, reading, and word games.
Esther shares life in Niger, including horsebackriding, ridgeback raising, and her work to make life better for the people of Niger.
Jo lives in South Africa but is currently in Khartoum. Visiting her blog is an international experience.
Betsy takes beautiful bird and waterfall photos, and shares her interesting travels.
Senior Hiker Photos
George shares flower photos, lovely waterfalls, and sometimes a bit of history from his travels.
Gaelyn leads an exciting life as a summer park ranger and summer traveler, and she shares her great photos and numerous adventures with her readers.
Many Rivers to Cross
Mountain Mama is another Utahn. Beautiful photography, deep thoughts. What's not to like?
Visit here for lovely mosaics and other interesting presentations of photos on a variety of subjects, a visual feast.
To the recipients: Feel free to post the logo and pass on the award. Or not. I attach no expectations or demands.